Saturday’s trip into Croesor is documented by Pete, but here’s some of Brendan’s pretty pictures from the trip
…it was a fab day out, but Pete neglected to expand on some of the obstacles along the way! So, here’s a review:
1) two abseils down very flat, shiny ropes!
2) a ride across a lake on a zip wire, which was fine for everyone other than Ian, who stopped very abruptly mid-way when the rope that returns the pulley became twisted around a rock!
3) a very rickety ladder across the second lake
4) a walk across a narrow beam across the third lake
5) a rocky traverse around the fourth lake
6) a fearsome dangle/traverse along a cable across the fifth lake (with an awkward exposed change over onto a second cable halfway, whilst suspended from the ceiling on a rusting pole!)
7) an abseil down to a canoe/boat and a float across the sixth lake
8) and finally a 6 m prusick up to the mined level
… and the rest was straightforward…and we made it to the exit adit.
Series - Rendezvous #4
- Welsh Blog Rendezvous
- A gentle finish to the blog rendezvous weekend
- More pictures from Croesor Mine…
- more Observations from Underground