On Wednesday we took a day out from our projects to spend time in the community. #ibmcsc peru 3
In the morning we combined forces with Nick from WindAid and spoke to university students about the theme of Smarter Cities. On the whole, this is about using data and technology to transform operations and services. It’s nothing new, it’s just about starting with an idea and and seeing where we can go with it.
Anyway, it was fun being with students, but students are students the world over… they didn’t hang around for long. Hopefully they will remember some of the messages, one day.
In the afternoon we went to school in the district of Buenos Aires to talk rubbish, I mean about rubbish. We went to what’s left of the beach, which has seen very serious erosion in the last 10 years. What was once a tourist destination has now turned out to be a bit disheveled.
We had lots of fun though, and hopefully a message has been passed on.
Series - Corporate Service Corps
- Corporate Service Corps – In the beginning I had a plan…
- CSC – From Application to Acceptance
- Team Peru 3: Final Week of Preparation
- Team Peru 3 meet in Trujillo
- Team Peru 3 get down to work – Cámara de Comercio y Producción de La Libertad
- Pyramids in Peru
- Trujillo Montage
- Team Peru 3 visit an Organic Farm
- A ‘Smarter Cities’ Community Day in Trujillo
- A cheeky weekend to Cajamarca
- Our time in Trujillo comes to an end…