Well, the l’Etape du Tour training started in earnest today…
I’m too not sure how to feel about my performance, but I guess it was the first time out on my bike for over a year so I shouldn’t feel too bad. I managed just over 37k, but was I totally knackered on the climbs! The route I took kicked off almost immediately by heading straight up the old Sedbergh Road out of Kendal. From there on every single little rise was an absolute killer. Nearing the end of the ride I didn’t think I was gonna get back up to Crook at all!!!
When I watch this video I’m left with two competing and equally massive feelings:
- What the hell have I done entering such a mind numbingly massive event?
- Riding a mountain stage of the Tour de France a few days before the Tour itself will be awesome!
Series - l'Etape du Tour
- l’Etape du Tour Training Finally Starts…
- l’Etape du Tour Training Progress
- Scorchio through the Trough of Bowland and on up Kingsdale and down Dentdale