Nov 09 06
With the weather typically wet and windy I decided it was a good time to pull out the Kenwood mixer and get it ready for cake making. Hopefully I’m up for 3 particularly important cakes this winter, with 2 birthdays included, so I had a look at the mixer. Last time we used it the foot had sheared off, causing the machine to flap about a bit. So it was time to re-glue……………
This is a lot harder than you might think; there was no glue in the house.
With a foot like this a thorough clean was neccessary and the sticky material of choice had to be pretty serious. Using prit stick or PVA glue wasn’t really enough and causes too much never-drying stickyness, giving a weak bond, so it was out with the duct tape………
So I placed it on with two fingers. I also took the precaution of ensuring that the foot was placed correctly.
Following an upturning (no irons were used in this procedure), I’m ready for the first cakes of the season.
Start slideshow with these images