Last year we held the first rendezvous for authors of articles posted on this blog. For many it was the first chance to meet, in person, the people they only knew from cyberspace [sic].
The weekend of climbing, caving, BBQ’ing, and celebrating (complete with freebie Lucozade) was great fun – and so thoughts have moved on to the next rendezvous. But where to go? What to do? Some ideas have already been mooted in comments elsewhere (here). I promised a poll to gather, in a democratic way (that should make Ian happy 😆 ), people’s preferences for the second author rendezvous. The only thing that is promised to be undemocratic is what Laetitia will do for prizes! 😀
First, where to hold the rendezvous. Obviously this choice may affect what we can actually do. Choose wisely. 😉
- Lake District (50%, 4 Votes)
- Other (please outline in comments) (25%, 2 Votes)
- Derbyshire (13%, 1 Votes)
- Yorkshire Dales (13%, 1 Votes)
- South Wales (0%, 0 Votes)
- Snowdonia (0%, 0 Votes)
- Chamonix (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 8
Next, what to do. This question allows five choices! 😯 Please try to consider what activities are feasible in the locations you have suggested above.
- BBQ (63%, 5 Votes)
- Caving (50%, 4 Votes)
- Other (please outline in comments) (38%, 3 Votes)
- Pothole caving (SRT; single rope technique) (38%, 3 Votes)
- Mountaineering (38%, 3 Votes)
- Walking (38%, 3 Votes)
- Rock Climbing (25%, 2 Votes)
- Wild-camp (25%, 2 Votes)
- Mountain biking (13%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 8
Remember, use the comments below to debate and suggest other options. Perhaps, have the debate before you vote… Someone might have a killer idea that changes what you might have otherwise voted for.